Saturday, October 5, 2013

Temperance Mine



Temperance Mine


Pub crawl
buzz safari

nightly libations
liquid salvation 

took a mystery shot 
fire in the hole!

down my pipe
rocket fuel goes

burning sensation

down to my toes

buzz immediate

numbness complete

all a blur

got home
somehow

woke up


spinning
existence
  
hung over


penance
exacted

no memories


or tawdry stories
to dispel   

probably

just as
well

I vow 

never again
to lose control

stop playing 
the drunken
fool






3 comments:

  1. Oh, this takes me back...and there is nothing worse than the morning after...ick. I haven't been on a pub crawl in...well...can't remember when. But I still remember the spins - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the memory blackouts that motivated me to stop.. I literally had no idea how I got home or whatever strange bed I woke up in

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the memory blackouts that motivated me to stop.. I literally had no idea how I got home or whatever strange bed I woke up in

    ReplyDelete