Sunday, October 27, 2013

BaLaNce AcCount



BaLaNce AcCount 


It really
does seem

this life 

of mine

is on 

a lay away
plan


I put down

as much
as I could


so they
could hold
it for me

until I figured
the riddle of 
me out 

thought by now

my life would 
start
making sense

come into focus

so I could
be

a well adjusted

member of the
humanity family

but I still
lack the 
resources

maybe I 
always will

perhaps 
the key
to 
mental stability

is

accepting 
yourself

and that

our accounts

may never
be 

paid in full




4 comments:

  1. So reflective, Steve. I can relate to this. Maybe sometimes our expectations exceed our realities? I don't know...life is such a mysterious thing in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it..I think we devote so much time and energy chasing this unrealistic ideal of happiness that we end up always feeling unfulfilled. The same also applies to ourselves and our personal expectations. I think the first step toward elusive happiness is accepting the shortcomings/imperfections of life and more importantly ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could also have a double meaning ...some debts can't ever be paid, others take more than they should, sometimes we don't know the weight of a lifetime, of another, that gave too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From my gambling days of yore, I always harken back to the philosophy that we have to play the cards life deals us as best we can and HOPE the future cards of the next deal are better

    ReplyDelete