Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Junkie Confessional



On those days
where all I wanna do

is stay in bed
and not
come out to play

I force myself
to ignore
my inherent
anti social
ways


and choose
to live in this
world

reluctantly

I can't hide
from life

Believe me
I've tried

Hypnotized
by technology

Tethered
to my
flat screen society

with all my fellow
social misfits

Island blips 

Transmitting
clever quips

Tangled in the
delusional web

Our cyber
shell game

a soothing
soul numbing
addiction


You can't do
SOCIAL 
by yourself

so

lose the media

from social media

and don't be

an oxymoron

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Loredana..... This poem very close to home for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'lose the media' - ya. we are thinking along similar lines 4 sure, Steve. thank you!

    ReplyDelete