Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cookie Musings


Opened a bag
of chocolate chip cookies
I was dreaming about all day

cause I don't have much of a life

and besides

my sweet tooth
is the only craving
I satisfy these days

Anyway

When I finally penetrated
the tight air inhibiting seal

My treasure within
was all crumbled
into varying degrees
of jagged disjointed pieces

A visual abomination

Except for one
perfect treat sphere
that had miraculously
gone unscathed
and survived
life's rough handling intact

Too pretty to devour
as I delicately held
the baked flour
in my hand

and yet

I could not cast it back
into the sea of imperfection
from whence it came

so I gave it my my son

who failing to appreciate

the dilemma which paralyzed

indifferently ate my ideal

in one massive bite







No comments:

Post a Comment