Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sledge Hammer Man


True poets

craft
language
elegantly

Words flow like satin

Caress the eyes

Sooth the soul

Waterfall rhymes 
cascading kindly
across eager eyes

They elevate us all
with grace and style

True poets
are timeless

on the other hand

scratch uneven
forgettable phrases 
on sandpaper

Coarse verse bursts

Abrasive syntax 
irritates the eyes

Abuses the ears

If you choose
to read me aloud
there is
no flow to be found

As I blast away
at my own 
hypocrisies

picking the scabs
of comfortable fallacies

painful as they may be

My heart exposed
to the scrutiny
of all to see

Even the fears
of my poetic
inadequacies
you are reading here

I am not a true poet

I am just a blue collar guy
killing time

Desperately typing
and trying 
to make sense somehow 

before my battery dies







No comments:

Post a Comment