Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Burning Twig




The Burning Twig


Wandering through
the urban wilderness

Indulgent pilgrims
from Sodom Nation
roll 
down the boulevard

Seeking another shot
of instant gratification

Amidst the glitz 
and revelry

I heard a booming
voice above me

from a source

that is a mystery


Was it God

or

just another
chemical hallucination?

The voice
that just can not be

by all scientific reasoning

Declared his love for me
and all his
wayward children 

And just like that
the force was gone

or was it?

I've got no proof
of my close encounter

and I told no one

lest I be stoned
by the doubting
humanist crowd 

but now I do know

Faith is an uplink 
required
by man


Even if we don't
fully understand


the eternal mystery
we are players in

No comments:

Post a Comment