Saturday, April 27, 2019

Dinosaur Ramblings



I do now know
those ancient prophesies
that foretold long ago
about time acceleration
as the years get accumulated
which a fresher version of me
once scoffed at dismissively
as bitter delusions of the elderly
are not only painfully true
but they are now happening quite rapidly

I can faintly hear
those long ago departed ghosts
laughing at my past naïveté

Ahhh the arrogance of youth

Too self absorbed to hear the truth
from those who have traversed
the same well worn path

Now those spirits get the last laugh


So here I be...

Saturated in irony
as I am now the crusty relic

Admonishing the text obsessed
microchip attention span generation
to look up from their hand held existence
and savor the many diverse flavors
this very finite
accelerated timeline has to offer

Carpe Diem my friends...

Don't be like regretful me...







No comments:

Post a Comment