Sunday, May 5, 2019

Death Dance


In my comatose state of grave

Serenaded by the soothing
blip...
blip...
blip...

Riding the sloping green line
cardio mountain range

I have for the first time
in my jaded life
found true perspective

No longer worried
about money
or job insecurity

Survival now the over riding priority 

My only battle
left is breathing

Heart beat weakens

Serious whispering

Muffled tears all around

In and out I fade

So these are the death throes

This is how the end game goes

Voices become more muted

A mystery priest hovers over me
chanting pointless Latin incantations

I chuckle at this final hypocrisy

A faint click of a switch
to take me off the machine

A ghastly tingly surge
as I violently convulse
the last gasp of oxygen
from my soon dormant lungs
that had once served me well

Death came as expected

My demise time duly recorded
for the morbid data base
in the gray clouds

Darkness

Silence

Then a flash of light...
far off in the distance

If you are wondering 
about the eternal mystery

Death is not a horrific visage at all

I hook up with a serene
gentle presence
bathed in soft light

The ancient angel 
takes my trembling hand
and in a soft voice
whispers in my ear
"Well done my son"
and with that
a feeling of peaceful bliss uplifts me

My new friend and I
slowly ascend
as we make our exit
from this chaotic world
where I never really fit in
to merge with the light permanently

I am not in pain anymore

I am not afraid

I am at peace

See you soon



No comments:

Post a Comment