Monday, April 1, 2019

Dealing From The Bottom


I met the anti Christ
in a dream state
or maybe
twas just a premonition

So hard to tell these days

Anyway...

the devil in my head
inquired if I wanted
to play for his team
since I have quite
the impressive sin resume 

(his words, not mine)

I take no pride in my debauchery
but I won't run from it either 

Anyway...

Terms of the infernal contract
were laid out on a cluttered table

My eternal soul
for a case of beer

Back and forth we negotiate
(since that's what con men do)

I propose a bag of corn chips
as a throw in addition
(cause they go so heavenly with brew)

Louie reminded me of my
low salt diet restrictions
and counters with
a personalized brass mug

You see...

I've always struggled
with loose temptation
(being the undisputed master
of absolution rationalization)
but this time my conscience declined
the deal of a lifetime

Going to hold out
for the angels
of my better nature
to make me
a counter offer
and bargain hard for my eternal salvation



No comments:

Post a Comment