Sunday, April 16, 2023

Purging DNA

 

I have spent my life
trying to purge
the scourge of Puritanism
from my American bred DNA...

Beating the religious intolerance
they ruled with was easy
since in my eyes God is obviously
not an exclusive one size fits all bigot..

And the black and white fashion thing
they paraded around in
was always senseless to me..

But their damn work like a dog
til you die at your post ethic
are still the hardest chains
for this frustrated mutt to break..

The guilt of my fully enjoying
an unproductive retirement
is my head in the stockade 
public square embarrassment 

Forever having to defend
doing absolutely nothing
but enjoy my dwindling time
to those still daily grinding

So fuck the long gone Puritans
and the ships they rode in on





No comments:

Post a Comment