On a canvas buried
deep in my attic repository
are shavings of charcoal
arranged perfectly
to portray the heavenly visage
of my long gone former love
deep in my attic repository
are shavings of charcoal
arranged perfectly
to portray the heavenly visage
of my long gone former love
I recall that day
so many years ago
walking hand in hand
in the park
with this angel
I believed was sent to Earth
especially for me
After some coaxing
she agreed to sit for a portrait
from a gruffly street vendor
who perfectly
captured her pure beauty
in less than five minutes
A picture lasts a lifetime
even if hers was tragically
a mercurial comet
that graced my path
Taken too soon
The framed memory
for years hung
in my bachelor pad
It was all I had of her
When my now wife moved in
I knew it had to come down
Carefully boxed up and stored away
Hidden the masterpiece must remain
cause my current love
would be very pissed
at this harmless
pictured memory
that once meant so much to me
Such nonsense
to be threatened by a ghost
Jealousy is a such a pointless insecurity

No comments:
Post a Comment