Sunday, April 7, 2024

The Friendly Lover

 

Dating a princess way out of my league..

A real beauty and the beast tryst..

She's my latest vanity project
in a long string of conquests
that to the world makes zero sense
cause we ain't exactly a perfect match..

But here's the thing..

I know how to listen
and cut through the bullshit
when all a girl wants to do is talk..

or vent..

or confide in a friend
she trusts and respects..

Getting deep into the depths
of the muddled mess
churning in her head..

Where few of my gender dare go
cause we fear being trapped
in the dreaded friend zone abyss..

I have am not burdened by that fear
as my options are more limited
by this flawed face in the mirror..

So patient me let's time
and the natural progression
of human relationships
do the rest..

Physical barriers being no match
from the force of erosion
that wears down all resistance
in the end







No comments:

Post a Comment