Sunday, March 24, 2024

My Old Friend

 

Just another rest in peace moment
for an old friend..

Read about it on Facebook
from the thoughts and prayers comments
posted on an old pic
back when we were friends
before we too became old
and subject to the drifts of time..

Demise details sorely lacking
cause our friendship subscription expired..

We didn't even exchange
Christmas cards anymore..

Social media having squashed
such quaint traditions.. 

I wonder how my old friend died?

Was it quick and painless
or a long drawn out drip drip event?

Perhaps it was a to Hell with this life suicide?

My now dead old friend was dramatically inclined..  

Gotta get to the wake for all the morbid details
that I can share with my fellow curious ghouls
who won't bother to be there..

Gotta see all my other old friends
who do make the last respects trip..

Dressed in our best death threads
we'll reminisce on all the old stories
before we became walking corpses
now sharing our own shrinking timelines..

Who amongst us mourners 
we now barely know
will be the next to go?

Electronic Church bells toll
as yet another body gets laid to rest..

They do seem to ring louder than before 
which is weird cause my hearing 
has greatly faded over the years..

I guess mortality does play tricks
with the old senses






No comments:

Post a Comment