Saturday, January 13, 2024

This Ain't Easy

 

I confess I am from another time
all the way back to the last century.. 

Many of my views no longer fit
current acceptable narratives..

Concerning gender especially
from the bygone days
when only two held sway..

This whole fluidity concept
is difficult for me to accept
though choosing what you wanna be
is a freedom I really should embrace..

You may also say
holding doors for ladies
is condescending toxic masculinity..

That's OK..

I should do it for everyone I guess..

Maybe this is evolutionary progress
for outmoded males like me
but I will never accept men who whine
as is the political norm today..

My role model John Wayne
would never approve
of the current Republican Party 
with their daily grievance cacophony..

The Duke would be aghast
that the undisputed chief
of his former political tribe
is such a vain poser
who wears too much makeup
and plays the victim perpetually..

Objection is the new currency..

Complaints without action..

There's never a better plan
cause it's so much simpler
to continuously make demands
than it is offering up solutions 
which may never pan out..

Always easier to destroy than create..

The curse of man
and what use to pass
as the myth of real men 











No comments:

Post a Comment