Thursday, April 2, 2020

A Faded Shade of Jade

Standing alone
in the rain

Holding 
the bag again
 
Which breaks
of course 

Cause it's been
that kind of day 

Feeling betrayed
by fake friends
I relied on 

My faith in humanity
takes yet another hit
with each
passing disappointment 

The cumulative effect
of continuous
disillusionment 

A cocoon of numbness
envelopes me
as expectations fall

Now fully encased
in cynical walls
that serve to provide
a false sense of security
from life's external storms 
 
I am now 
a solitary prisoner
of jaded isolation

I am now
a bitter remnant
of a raging pandemic

I am now
a self defeating virus

Totally infected

A mutant strain

Socially distant

Locked away in quarantine
by a terrified society
that wants nothing to do with me


No comments:

Post a Comment