Saturday, November 9, 2019

Mona Lisa Dreaming


Staring across the bar top wilderness
my gaze catches the sultry eyes
of sweetness personified

What are her intentions?

Her smile seems flirtatious

Or is she just being polite?

So hard to read the signals 
when hope clouds objectivity

While partying with her crew
she throws a quick glance in my direction

Or was she checking the TV?
Seeing right through me

Imagination now takes over

Visualizing us together

Is the same fantasy playing
inside her angelic head?

The song list plays on

Lyrics nobody hears

Deep into the longing night
the stars sink into the horizon

The dream I will never get to know
puts on her coat and leaves

Casting me a wistful smile on her way out

One last bouquet for the us that could have been



No comments:

Post a Comment