Saturday, December 28, 2013

Late Night Today




Late Night Today 



All alone

domesticated me

late at night

bathed in fridge light

over my milk and cookies

I fondly recollect

those all night rampages

when I was young and kooky

and 

those sweet sensation treats

alcohol induced feminine conquests

All the crazy dreams

plots and drama sub plots

Friends who came and went

with the coming of the dawn 

at the all night diner

where we tried to sober up 

Stagger home

awake at noon

puke a little

chug some Pepto

take a nap

try to remember

the smiles

the adventure


So here I am

midnight snacking

Need to buy milk tomorrow 

Distant lights

Electric nights

I close my eyes 

and fall asleep

4 comments:

  1. lol i love the funny twist in the end, a classic when close to a certain age ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabine...Things sure do change as we ripen

      Delete
  2. Raw in it's most vulnerable form at it's best is your best. Honesty is such a humble way to connect. Thank you for being genuinely unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....That is such a fine and much appreciated compliment

      That genuine unique quality is one we both share

      Delete