Sunday, November 24, 2019

Slot Racers


This collision course against society
I charted to feed my many anxieties
is rapidly approaching the end of the line

The impending crash should be quite the event
given the acceleration of my descent

The "I told you so" crowd will surely be pleased
as they finally get to scrape up my remains

I sure would hate to give them that validation
Playing the lead in their future forewarning stories
to unborn rebellious generations
about the folly of living life contentiously 

I guess it's time to confess my trepidation
that's been slow cooking in my brain
regarding this soon to be fatal situation

Now comes the inevitable post game regrets
All those useless could and should ofs
as if we somehow are the captains of our destinies

For you see my soon to be grieving friends
the die is cast for us the day we are born

Hard wired into quite finite time lines
Playing the roles perception rigidly defines
written in the unwavering stars






No comments:

Post a Comment