Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dark Dreams


I aspire to be
deep asleep

later tonight

At that time

I will dream
that I shall be
seriously intertwined
with a sultry feminine
vampire concubine
who will suck

my essence dry

She will liberate me
from my bleak mortality
and I will finally be free
to be a nightbird
flying for all eternity
above this oblivious world

Sadly,

Come morning I will awake
in sheets soaked sweaty
and be forced to rise
from my living coffin
to blankly resume what passes
for normal zombie activity




2 comments:

  1. Interesting piece Steve
    Certainly not what I expected for the title but I like how you maintained the vampire-imagery throughout, ending with the coffin.
    Very cinematic!

    Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Nada.... The vampire obsession in my culture continues to fascinate me

      Delete