Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The High Cost of Infidelity



That last shot of brandy

pushed me over the edge

Into this fiery abyss
of unbridled debauchery

A prelude to an interlude
that finds me in a strange bed

with my partner in moral crime

now just
a spent lump under the sheets

The reality of my dilemma

starts to roll around 
in my pounding head

How to account
for my fornication time
while I was violating
my sacred vows?

Weighing options

Crafting alibis

Plausibility of the lies

Impossible to sell

Truth is too hard

Consequences to pay

Darkness yields to light

I did succumb
to the temptations
of the night

No more rationalizations

Time to pay the price
for my pleasure vice

and chew
the bitter pill
of poison adultery













2 comments:

  1. Don't tell this is n act I believe one lives to feel to the grave if it makes one feel so horrid it ant gone make the otha feel any different from Yur horrid n only tear away everything one believed was sure If you love someone than that's more than the act of sex n priceless your way to redeem is to strive to b the person you believed you were It's not finished my thoughts on this is it's the price one pays wen one uses their free will selfishly n the Prize is How you turn this round to being that Honourable person of integrity It teaches you to cherish Love Fully understand it's worth Well that's my thoughts on Infidelity n such fer what' it's worth :) always Beez x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that we our all ultimately accountable for our actions

      Delete