Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pesticide Genocide


I squished an ant

that had the audacity


to crawl across my floor



My son


asked me why


I squashed a bug


that had done no offense


except cross my path


in a place


it knew not


was culturally inappropriate



His query took me aback


because I had never


properly analyzed


an action


I had mindlessly performed


a million times before 



Was I power tripping


as if


I was a vengeful God


terminating a life


I deemed inferior?



Guess I could 


always fall back


on the ten commandments


Judeo Christian tradition


rationalization


that the mini sinner


had broken into my home


to steal my crumbs



Truth is

I cold bloodily murdered


my victim


for no other reason


than this was how I

 
was brainwashed 


from early childhood


that we

 
as the dominant s
pecies

have the right

to dominate

and even


exterminate those


we feel


are beneath us



Then I realized

after humanity


in the name


of religion


politics or


whatever


trendy hate device


finally squashes

 
and squishes


itself off the globe

the lowly bugs

who for now


scurry beneath our feet


will survive our

 
self carnage

and inherit the Earth



They shall have

the last laugh


on their


heartless


oppressors



















2 comments:

  1. Wait, are you saying that the "eeeek!" shall inherit the earth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....and they'll probably do a better job than our species

    ReplyDelete