Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wet Grease Paint


When faced with life situations        
How do I choose to play the scene? 

Which version of me do I put forth?
Do I play the clown or drama queen?

I could play the ignorant fool,          
Deposit my head deep in the sand

Or jump into the lead role
Become the main attraction

Lose myself in my self production
Block out all the back stage distractions

The role choices we make
Don’t always turn out as planned

Sometimes the part is too big
The spot light burns deadly hot

The critics attack with predatory glee
Cowards who never gave the stage a shot

Forever critiquing from the security
that distance and darkness affords

They'll never understand
that the play is it's own reward

As we forever improvise
Make the necessary corrections     
  
Ad lib our way through every day
Performing without direction  

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Especially the part:"They'll never understand that the play is it's own reward." :)

    ReplyDelete