Friday, April 18, 2014

Out Of The Net




Out Of The Net


Here in my bunker

Where I revel
in splendid isolation

Just me and my
intellectual snobbery

The smart kid in class

Alone in the library
pretending to be
above friendship

Today I have so perfected
my lonely rationalizations

Reinforced hard isolation
with
logic based insulation


My cover sustained
behind my flat screen

social media
word masturbation

Yet all it took

was an unforeseen
unexpected infatuation

To blast open 
my controlled
anti social world

and smoke
me out of my
comfortable hole 

into the honky tonk
carnival of real life
human interaction








2 comments:

  1. Yes so true, and so sad at the same time. We have to look out sometimes :-)
    And sometimes there is so much to grip for behind the screen....:-)
    Xx
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete