Thursday, June 4, 2015

Don't Poke The Wizard


Once again
we are undone
by our misplaced
good intentions
that sought to regulate
and stifle the powers
of  forces
we did not understand

Laws were passed
in secret midnight sessions
under the broad umbrella
of homeland protections

Of course
the keepers
of the sacred myths
would have none of this

They rallied their army
from the bowels
of the Under Earth
and mounted 
a fierce resistance

Now we find ourselves
in a desperate war
with an enemy we created

All because
we chose to stir
the scalding cauldron
of Hell










2 comments:

  1. I've had this open for almost a week or more, I love the title and the poem is awesome. I felt has ground for a full-length novel too.
    Have you considered writing one?

    Keep up the amazing work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nada for your humbling praise... Maybe longer versions of my writing would be possible after I retire working, but until them I really would not have the time to do a longer piece justice

      Delete