Friday, April 3, 2015

Celebrate the Brain


I am

the sum
of all I have met

You are too

The accumulation
from all the out takes
of scenes
played out daily

spliced together
in the mosaic of memory

Past snippets swirl 
and form behavior

constantly evolving

forever learning 

from the triumphs
and mistakes
of ourselves and others

We store this knowledge

stacked high

on the shelves of experience

Processing choices
with amazing efficiency

Such the marvelous
device of biology are we 

though never at

the brain capacity
  
we think we should be

2 comments:

  1. Interesting piece
    I like this one. It has many memorable and creative lines.
    I particularly likes these:

    "spliced together
    in the mosaic of memory"

    and

    "stacked high
    on the shelves of experience" (though I think the spacing between these two lines ought to be removed.

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nada.... I really appreciate your comments on my musings....The whole creative process has always fascinated me

      Delete