Saturday, February 1, 2014

Painful Insulation




Painful Insulation


I've often lamented
that an older gent
can't love


or even lust


at someone 

much younger

without being
labeled
a "dirty old man"


Social stigma
discrimination

against my team


For here I am
in the Autumn of my life

and I still secretly fantasize

like all guys do

only now the girls
are young enough
to be my daughter

totally unacceptable

And I just can’t help
but internally throb

like all guys do

but now 

I'm labeled
middle age
inappropriate

a leering creepy perv

if I do not suppress
my desires 
as stealthily as I can

Not a healthy situation

No wonder so many 
of us drop dead
of heart attacks

trying to hold back
the raging hormonal flood

with a flimsy dam
full of holes





No comments:

Post a Comment